AcoustiSeal™ Acoustical Sealant
Acoustical Sealant Model #AS-29
- Exceeds LEED™ Building Requirements
- Low VOC
- Low Odor
- Non Toxic
- Cost Effective
- Essential for High STC Walls/Floors
- Convenient Large Size Tubes
- Acoustically Effective
- Remains Soft and Flexible When Dry
- Bonds to Wood, Concrete, Glass, Gypsum, Metal and Plastic
- Dispenses Easily
- Easy Cleanup With Soap and Water
- Stops Noise From Leaking Through Joints and Edges
- Will Not Crack
- When Used Properly, AcoustiSeal™ Acoustical Sealant Drastically Increases the Overall STC of Floor, Ceiling and Wall Assemblies
|Material||28 oz. tube Acoustical Sealant.|
|Coverage||1/4″ Bead = 85 Linear Feet per Tube or 3/8″ Bead = 40 Linear Feet per Tube|
|Features||This acoustical caulk soundproofing sealant is essential for achieving high STC value for sound isolation.|
|Applications||This acoustical caulk soundproofing sealant can be used on wall/floor junctions to seal cracks and voids per laboratory test data, heating and A/C ducts, cold air returns, exposed joints, electrical and utility outlet boxes.|
|Flammability||ASTM E-84 – 76, Class A|
When using AcoustiSeal™ acoustical caulk soundproofing sealant, the goal is to create a completely sealed room. Think of the room you are sealing as a water tank.
- Make sure the surfaces that are to be sealed are clean.
- Cut the nozzle to create an appropriately sized hole.
- The image below shows three possible AcoustiSeal™ applications. Image “A” shows sealant under one layer of drywall on both sides. Image “B” is the same as “A” with the addition of a bead under the plate resulting in a better seal. Image “C” shows a multiple drywall layer install with beads under each layer and a heavy bead under the plate. This would yield an excellent seal.
- Allow to dry typically 48 hours before painting.
- Drywall mud can be applied directly over AcoustiSeal™.
- Clean up with soap and water while still wet.
Keep this acoustical caulk soundproofing sealant out of reach of children. Wear eye protection.
Skin Contact: Wash affected area thoroughly with soap and water.
Eye Contact: Flush thoroughly with water and obtain medical attention.
Inhalation: Remove to fresh air.
Seek medical attention if swallowed.
- Absorptive Quilted Curtains
- Acoustical Foam Panels
- Acoustik Underlayment
- Acoustic / Soundproof Doors
- Acoustic Windows
- Adjustable Jamb Seals
- Barrier – Decoupler
- Barrier ACT Ceiling Tiles
- Barrier-Backed Ceiling Tiles
- CFAB Cellulose Panels
- Climate Seal Window Inserts
- Cotton Soundwave Eggcrate Panels
- Curve Panels
- dBa Ceiling Ceiling Tiles
- Echo Barrier
- Echo Eliminator
- Echo Eliminator Baffles
- Exterior Quilted Barrier/Absorbers
- Fabric Wrapped Fiberglass
- Fabric Wrapped Fiberglass Baffles
- Fabric Wrapped Fiberglass Clouds
- Foam S.T.O.P. Pyramid
- Glasswool Ceiling Tiles
- Green Glue Damping Compound
- Heavy Duty Door Seal Kits
- Magnetic Astragal
- Melamine Composite Panels
- Melamine Flat-Faced Foam
- Melamine Linear Wedge Panels
- Melamine Pyramid Panels
- Melamine Sound Wave Panels
- Noise S.T.O.P. Vinyl Barrier
- Painted Nubby Fiberglass Tiles
- Poly Max Polyester Acoustical Panels
- Polyester Wadding
- Polysorb Wall Panels
- Polyurethane Foam
- PVC and Sailcloth Baffles
- Pyramid Diffuser
- Quiet Floor NP
- Quiet Floor Walk
- Quilted Exterior Absorbers
- RSIC-1 Clips
- RSIC-1 Ext04 Clips
- Rubber Isolation Hangers
- Silk Metal ceiling Tiles
- Sonex One
- Sound Silencer Baffles
- Sound Silencer™
- Sound Silencer™ Ceiling Tiles
- SoundBreak XP
- Spring Isolation Hangers
- Spring Isolation Mounts
- Squareline Ceiling Tiles
- Standard Door Seal Kits
- Stud Isolators
- Studio 3D Doors
- Studio Windows
- Super W Pads
- Tecsound Acoustic Membrane
- Ultra Touch Insulation
- Whisper Wave Clouds
- Wood Wool Board